On 1st July 2016, Liquor & Gaming NSW (L&GNSW) approved Online NSW RSA Course (Urban E-Learning) to provide RSA NSW courses online.
Our Online course has been established to offer a fast, convenient and friendly alternative to traditional face to face training providing an easy and enjoyable experience for each student to the new program.
The new Online RSA Education Program guidelines provided by L&GNSW relates particularly to student ID verification, including compliance with the BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR DELIVERING RSA TRAINING and also the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) National Training Guidelines.
The topics included in the course as regulated by the L&GNSW are:
- An Introduction to RSA: Trainees will gain understanding of the purpose for Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and the principles of RSA.
- RSA Legislation: Covers the skills and knowledge to sell or serve alcohol according to NSW legislation. This topic will also outline the legal requirements of RSA. Industry professionals will explain the key aspects of RSA legislation and how it applies to your role in industry.
- The Impact of Alcohol: In particular the impact on patrons including long-term health problems, associated with alcohol consumption. Learn how alcohol impacts on personal and community health. You will also see how to provide accurate information to customers on alcoholic beverages.
- RSA Strategies: This topic will give you a range of skills that will help you to comply with the requirements of the liquor laws and gain practical knowledge on how to apply what you have learned.
In order to receive your interim certificate and statement of attainment, you will be required to successfully complete the following assessment activities:
- Knowledge Assessment – Quiz-style questions to test your knowledge and understanding of NSW RSA requirements and legislation,
- Case Study Assessment – Written responses to case studies and video scenarios assess your skills and responses to real-life workplace situations, and
- Verbal Communication Assessment – completed via a short telephone conversation to assess your ability to communicate with a variety of customers in different situations.
Responsible Service of Alcohol training is required for all staff serving alcoholic beverages including servers, security staff and licensees. The RSA certificate is mandatory for all those wishing to enter the hospitality industry who may serve alcohol to customers such as:
- Waiters / waitresses
- Bottleshop sales people and attendants
- Cellar Hands
- Food and Beverage Attendants
- Hosts / Hostesses
- Hotel Room Service Staff
This course provides the required NSW specific RSA content fully approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW. This course is recognised in NSW and for those who enrolled on or after 01 July 18, it also results in a statement of attainment for SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol.
Once a trainee has successfully completed the course and assessments, they will need to upload ID Documents through their student account. On receipt of identification documents, students’ details will be entered into the Department of Liquor and Gaming NSW database and an Interim Certificate will be emailed to the student (within 1-2 business days).
Once the trainee has received this they make an appointment with a Service NSW Service Centre, to go in and have their photo ID verified, and get a Photo Competency Card issued by Service NSW Service Centre.
L&GNSW and Service NSW Service Centre charge $85 for the competency card which is a requirement for both Face-to-Face and Online Education training. This $85 is included in the price of our training.
Please note that this course is applicable only to participants in New South Wales.